New Videos!

(火)10 『ダメな私に恋してください』 【TBS】
Follow me on Instagram!! Instagram

2016/03/16

[2016 Drama] Please Love the Useless Me (Dame na Watashi ni Koishite Kudasai) - Episode 10 (Final)


AH~~ couldn't wait till the subs are out, so I'm just translating with my half ass Japanese skills with some Chinese people's comments/subs on screens.

Can't believe this was the end of the series... we definitely need an SP or 2. I gotta say, the writers wrapped it up really well. The pace is a bit too rushed and jumpy, but all the important plots were there and there are nothing left unexplained, really. AND Fukakyon KAWAIII~~~ so, I can forgive a lot of things lol.



I'm gonna miss Shibata and Shunin a lot...
Gonna miss the days I get to talk to other fans on my blog and forum posts...
*sigh*... this is why I don't like following dramas real time- I feel like I'm wayyyy too invested in the characters :P



Fukakyon's total sweetness during the shooting of the drama was shown through various photos and clips. (ex. gifting everyone chocolate on V day, joining in funny videos, being totally supportive of others) AH~~~ want to change my name to Aiko just cuz of this:




Also, this episode revealed that, Shibata's Bday is March 15th!!! whaaaaa~~ that's like almost my bday (17th)~~~ no wonder I feel so connected with her character (excluding the "donating" nature). Today's screen caps, I have the on-screen comments on, so that I can remember which part it was when I'm writing the recap (subs are used for this usually).
Let's get started so I can study!


Realizing she is almost 31, Shibata can't help but.... (I know, I'm like almost 10 years younger, and I already hate my bday...) She noted that she's still without a place, money, or boyfriend... :/ but soon , she's gonna get her own place ;D (and give it up to be with Shunin, of course)
When she's in the depression of a "lost love" she saw this~~~~ COOKING RANGER!!! HAHAHAHA as usual, she loves the green one the most (OMG. Green is my fav. color and YES, no matter what, I support the green). Shibata instantly became a fan.

At least her career is smooth sailing. She is promoted to be the Shunin (manager) of a new department - for inventing smart products for females. That annoying co-worker of hers, apparently started working hard NOT because Shibata scolded her in ep 2?3? but she changed cuz her BF (eeeehhhhh?). Anyways, they're getting married, so she thinks it's all because of Shibata's help. She's now repaying her with good comments on her work ethics etc. ;) not too bad~~

This place... I really wanna try that meat lol. Akira's way to marriage is still difficult, she's now dressed like this to attract "creative" people O_O" wut....

Shunin cooked "Crab congee" cuz he thought crab was her fav.
NOPE. it was his Bro's fav and she just went along with it. She actually likes meat better. Then the two made some awk. small talk...

This new ranger actually looks nice, but I don't think he's particularly cute or attractive :/ As long as the girls like him, I guess. At least he's cooking so that adds about 1000 points.
Guess who~~~ that co-worker with glasses is here looking cuter than ever!!! LOL when She and Shibata recognized each other at the thing...
You'd think Shibata was gonna say something really serious, like "don't tell people we were there", but NO lol. She just said Green is so much better than Red~~~ hahahah and they both agreed ;)

Shunin called Shibata. He questioned her on why she didn't show up at work without proper reasons then made her come to the cafe to get the rest of her stuff moved out tonight, threatening to throw them away if she doesn't pick them up. ;) Shunin, u can fool her, but u can't fool me. I smell BDay party

OF COURSE. There the BDay party started. Everyone is super sweet and it was a nice party... Shibata was impressed Shunin knows her Bday :D aw...
Her party was filled with meat plates :O yummmmmmmm.... OMG now I want a BF like Shunin... My mom did say that a chef would be a great match for me :P

Seeing her all happy, Shunin had to mock "you're almost middle-aged, a 'mature woman' , eat the meat while u can" She then came back with "you're also reaching middle-age!"
Haruko (I really don't wanna see her right now...) came down with a flower bouquet and wished Shibata a HBD. Then she watched the interaction and lovely exchanges between Shibata and Shunin and I think she got it...Here, Shibata is asking Shunin's advice to be a shunin herself hahaha :D Shibata is all proud about living by herself, but Shunin obviously worries about her lol.

In this happy tone, a delivery of cheese cake was sent by that elderly regular customer- apparently him and Shunin's grandma are going to start living together LOL, well, it did seem like they had some history.
The board which always contained the customer's philosophy said something like:
"I walked alone all this while to now be in a pair. We do not depend on each other but we get closer to each other. That is love." woooo....

I know this feeling too well, after a good party, you come back home and you were the only person there... Then you thought to yourself Birthday ain't all that bad. Like what Shibata thought here: " Although I said I wasn't happy about my 31st BDay, I was lying." Then she thought about what I think about all the time: no matter how old I am, I wish people would celebrate it with me.

Then there's that ex who warms your heart by sending you a text message saying HBD... aw....

Haruko saw the Christmas rose reaching the end of its flowering season and once again remembered Hachime (Shunin's brother).
The flower shop was saved by Shibata's proposal and the sales of the convenient plastic vase was boosted because of the idea which helped Mogami. Shibata is actually pretty good at her work? lol. She's not dame/useless at all...
Shunin knows Mogami's event was today, so he let Shibata get off work early to go see him.
They ended up having dinner together.
Mogami is still eager to get back together with Shibata, so he asked her to date him again, this time, not rushing into marriage.
Her answer, however, did not change. When he said she was honest, she went all out saying all the truths Mogami didn't know: She actually loves meat and thought he was a marriage fraud
LOL

Now, when you're a girl walking alone on a street with NO ONE else, it is actually quite scary sometimes. Unless, of course, you've lived there long enough already. Be aware of stalkers!!

Akira is deeply discouraged and willing to try everything. She was getting scammed by a fortune teller when Mogami showed up and helped her.
She then repaid him by.... 0////0

The next day, when Mogami sees Shibata: LOL


Shibata is again doing that b*tch's work, because she's now on honey moon... So Shibata ended up going home even later. Hint people, when you want to talk to yourself, don't talk so loudly. When Shibata said "I don't wanna eat alone" The stalker then took that as an invitation to suggest, he'd dine with her O_O OMG.
Girls... RUN TOWARDS POPULAR AREAS NOT YOUR HOME!!! He now knows where you live = = wtf, girl!!! I guess you'll just have to move back with Shunin now LOL
Shibata was scared, so she called Shunin for help. He immediately activated the "Jdrama run" mode and came to her rescue. At this point, we all know he has fallen for her ;)
GJ Shibata!
Now, if this is not a Jdrama, but a US drama, they'd be in bed together the next scene... but nope! She changed into her home wear and he questioned her decision on running back home instead of a police station. Being very worried, he was visibly angry. He still has his apron on!
When Shibata ask Shunin to go tend to Haruko, he was about to say something
Then he held Shibata's hand >////<
Shunin thought back, he was playing "life game" with Haruko, it landed on "getting married, stop once" He then confessed that he liked her for a long time. However, he made it clear that life has changed and people had changed, he had changed. She then reacted understandingly and said she's all good now and will move out.

Seriously, Shibata, I know you are inexperienced and virgin and all... but isn't this like your best opportunity?! I guess you're just too overworked... or Shunin was in the thought process a bit too long. These two are so cute tho~~~!!!

In the morning, Shibata was like "Shunin's hand is like meat, so soft and warm" then she woke up "eh, I was hugging my meat= =" hhahahaha
Now, Shunin used his skills to create delicious breakfast with half price almost expired materials ;) GJ!!! AW~~~~~~~~<3
She said she slept well then he was like "I didn't think you'd sleep all the way to the morning" She's like oooooops~
He said he slept on the floor with the rug :/ Shibata~~~ tsk tsk!!!
She apologized, but he gently said she didn't need to apologize, because it wasn't her fault ~~~aw.... omg omg omg... I need this kinda guy in my life :P
He then took her to the police station in which the police said "Recently the older, oh, I mean more 'mature' women stalking cases were pretty common" HAHAH, look at how Shunin is totally mocking Shibata with that face!
Then he turned around and threatened the police to do his job right and stop with the small talks ;) KAGOIIIII~~~Boys, take notes!

So...Akira now told Shibata what happened that night with Mogami hahahahah it was so funny. Shibata, having no residual feelings for Mogami wasn't offended or anything. I swear tho... if she had had sex with him, it'd feel totally different. Whatever, soon Shunin is gonna be Shibata's :D
Now it's Mogami's turn to confess hahaha, he then said he can't forget about Akira, because she was very good ;)
Shibtata: O_O --> :D
Puuuuurrrrrrr
Now, Shunin was worried when he couldn't reach Shibata by phone.
While Mogami went to see Akira. When she told him to forget about her weak moment, he said straight out, he doesn't want to forget it--- omg! so manly!
She was shocked, but he managed to find common interest - basketball and they seem like they'll be a great couple <3
Shunin went all around town to find Shibata using "Jdrama running" mode.
Then Terry...
Shunin returned to the cafe to find Shibata perfectly fine just hugging A5. He immediately gave her a hug <3
Here, we noticed Terry and the other two were trying to help them :D yay!!! I love them!!!
Now Shunin was questioning why Shibata wouldn't answer his phone calls and texts. She then confessed that she feels lonely and uncertain of her future and needed to power up by talking to cats...I kinda know what she's talking about... I thought my future was panned out, but it apparently just took a turn... She said she wanted to be able to be on her own, be an independent and mature woman, but she couldn't ...
Shibata is a surprising girl, I tell you ;)
She then asked "Please Date/Love the Useless Me"
Seriously tho. Who can say no to this?!

Shunin didn't disappoint, he replied swiftly : "I'm already doing that" <3
Shibata was all confused (only u, we audiences although feel a bit rushed, were not as confused.)

She was like "HA????!!!!" and kept asking why, he then told her "wuru sai" (talkative!/noisy!). and went in for the KISS~~~~~~AH~~~~ ok~~~~ this is what we wanted, everyone. :D finally, last moment of the last episode. At least it wasn't just like a hug and lame looking at each other knowingly shit. It was a sweet, heart warming, multi-angled(meaning shot more than once), multi distance (shot more than once), gentle kiss :D

GAH~~~ cooking with BF~I loved it
Of course, he had to mock her with Dame Dame~~~ omelette and take her food cuz apparently he put more meat into hers <3
She was like " you like meat?" hahaha.
When she refused to share hers with him, he then proceeded to invade her personal space + controls her arms lol OMG where are my sunglasses, this pair is too lovey dovey.

Ending scene for DVD/Blue Ray promo, was so cute! the trio were doing what Shibata and Shunin did hahahaha adorable!


I saw on the net that one of the sponsor for the series makes movies, so maybe this can be in the theatre? :D there's some hope, but don't expect it to happen... they did wrapped up all the lines and there are no real noticeable loose ends. Every side characters got some sort of closure and new character development on the last episode. It really is a well written series based on a good manga. Maybe I'll go read the manga and imagine Kyoko chan, Dean and everyone's faces hahaha.
Thanks to everyone who watched this with me, read my recap, and discussed with me. I enjoyed the hours and hours I put into fangirling Fukakyon :D and I am so happy to be able to share this love on here.
"This time, Thank you, really."
Please follow my blog and feel free to comment whenever. What did you like and dislike about the series? Did the ending satisfy you? Let me know!
I will keep you updated on Fukakyon's news and activities whenever I can. Definitely dramas :D.
Until next time!

Sore Ja~
Bye Bye ~★

16 comments:

  1. I don't want to look until the sub was release....but I can't help it. I am loving this drama more and more. It was sad that this is already the last episode. I love the pictures you posted. Kyoko-chan kawaii!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know... it's gonna be tough going back to life without Kyoko dramas...

      Delete
  2. thank you so much.. I really appreciate your recap so good to read.. just reading your recap I got giggling, smiling, laughing with my self all alone like a crazy girl whose just loovvveee them so much..
    really wish that they can be real.. but I can't..

    thank you again.. always visit your blog of course cuz I love Fukakyon so much too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and discussing with me through the series! I know, they have great chemistry, but that's part of fukakyon's magic~having that loving feeling with any actor ;)

      Delete
  3. Another wonderful recap - thank you!

    I was very pleased with the finale. I liked all the honest conversations (so many confessions of different kinds in this episode), and, as always, I liked the funny bits and the heartwarming moments. I thought that the ending was just perfect for the Shunin couple. Drama gods have been very kind to us. :)

    (I would have preferred it if that Haruko-Shunin scene hadn't been inserted as a flashback in the middle of the Shunin-Shibata hand holding scene, but oh well.)

    Akira and Mogami were so funny and cute tho. I didn't see this coming, but I agree with you, they seem like they'd make a good couple. I loved that last conversation between them when she laughs at his words, telling him that he's like an audacious puppy, and he responds with something like "Even the poodle is a hunting dog. It won't let the game get away." Haha, go Mogami! It's easy imagine the two of them having fun in the future. I'm nicknaming them the leopardess - poodle couple. ;)

    Again, THANK YOU for sharing your thoughts and enthusiasm about this drama with the rest of us. I truly enjoyed reading along. My only regret with this drama is that I didn't find out about your blog earlier.

    I wish you a very happy birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw... thank you for the kind words. Drama God for once did us justice by showing us fukakyon's full cuteness in this wonderful drama.
      Lol lepredess-poodle couple?! That's hilarious and perfect for them! Totally should nickname them that.
      I haven't been advertising or promoting my blog in any way, so to be able to find my blog means you must love this drama a lot ;). Im glad you found your way here and kindly shared your thoughts with us.
      Thank you for the birthday wish, i had a pretty good day :D

      Delete
  4. Hey thanks for the recap. I watched the last episode the other day on dailymotion but it was then deleted, so I did a quick search on DameKoi & was brought here :) I'm glad I've found this blog of yours, I'm not a fan of Fukakyon but as a long-time fan of JDorama, I appreciate the fact that an actress that has been around for so long like her still has dedicated fans around the world ^^

    I decided to watch the first episode only out of curiosity, but the more the story progresssed, the deeper I fell into this LA. I've only seen bits & pieces of the manga so I can't say much about the coherence but according to some people who have followed the original story, the drama was indeed a solid adaptation. I was indifferent to Fukakyon at first but her portrayal of Michiko totally won me over. I thought I would be extremely irritated by the heroine's uselessness but Fukakyon's performance magically made that overshadowed by the former's qualities (never give up attitude, kindness towards everyone, etc). Of course Dean, A5 - the TRUE star of the show, Shohei & every other character also contributed to the drama's success. In terms of music, the OST & aiko's theme song Motto truly added another layer of interest to the drama *o*

    However, I have a major problem with Shunin & Michiko's loveline. Shunin clearly finds Michiko cute & she makes him happy but he barely sees her as a woman, so I don't understand how he can fall in love with her in such a short span time. Throughout 11 episodes, he keeps embarrassing her, albeit not in a mean way, by scolding her, laughing at her sexy lingerie, rejecting outrightly her proposal & such. He totally acts like a father figure to Michiko, being overprotective & critical of her & all. He never once, not even once, gets jealous of Mogami, unlike Michiko who always feels uneasy whenever she sees him with Haruko. So I was as surprised as Michiko when I heard Shunin telling her that he'd been already in love with her o.0

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think all the actors/actresses were just perfectly chosen for their role and they all did very well to bring the characters to life. It seems to follow the manga really closely (albeit a bit rushed)- I also can't comment on this, but all the comment I've seen from others have been positive on this adaptation.
      The loveline would have been much better developed if they were able to give us 11 episodes and insert more moments where the two have more scenes showcasing Shunin's change of attitude towards Shibata when she moved out first time for Mogami that ep was really critical in seeing how Shunin would have misses Shibata. Another important turning point which they did great was when he went back with her to her hometown. There, Shunin finds Shibata adorable and wanted to protect her "love". Here you can sort of see he is moved by her. Just no enough... I blame the lack of air time, though. Overall, it's great :D

      Delete
  5. LOL, it seems Shunin's S to Michiko but she isn't exactly the obedient M. She usually glares or snaps back at him, even mocking his "T-back fetish" & calling him her grandson once :)) If I'm not mistaken, in the manga, it's Hajime who's M enough to play along with his brother's S :D

    Yeah, they should have shot 11 episodes instead of 10 (btw I mistyped in my previous comments, sorry) to demonstrate Shunin's gradual change of attitude/feelings towards Michiko. The manga's still going (is it?) so they can still make an SP out of the new elements, but given the somewhat-disappointing (9.5%) average rating, I don't think TBS would be interested :|

    I like how Michiko started out as a useless woman with no motivation, but thanks to her own endeavours & everyone else's kindness, by the end of the story, she have shown significant progress in everything. She's been promoted to Shunin, she can cook Himawari's legit omurice, she doesn't get defrauded by young ikemen anymore, etc. DameKoi is a rom-com, but it does teach us the benefits of self-improvement, family, friendship, teamwork & most importantly (j/k, but A5's just tooooooooo cute) bonding with pets ;)

    I still feel sorry for Mogami for being abruptly dumped by Michiko, but at the same time I understand that there's something wrong with their relationship. Both of them try sooooo hard to maintain a good image when dating that litle by litle it becomes an invisible burden, e.g Michiko's stress over sexy lingerie. Even though they have similar personality, being sensitive, insecure & gentle to everyone, IIRC they don't share a common hobby so their interactions seem quite boring. At least when Mogami's with Akira, he can happily talk about basketball & such. I find the wish of becoming Akira Kurosawa (pun intended) very cute, too bad we don't have a well-known personality whose name's Akira Mogami ^^'

    I don't really get the relationship between Shunin & Haruko, but IMO it has something to do with Hajime. According to Shunin, his brother was better than him at everything so his one-sided love's just an aspect of this inferiority complex. The latter's death even added a sense of guilt to his affection for Haruko, so before Michiko's arrival, Shunin'd been stuck in a sea of negative emotions. Him being finally able to let go of Haruko probably implies his willing to move on, from acting as a supporting role in someone else's romance to being the hero of his own love story. Btw, do you know how the story progressed between the trio in the manga, with Hajime being well and alive? As a side note, seeing Shunin excels in fighting, cooking, speaking english & mandarin, etc. makes me wonder what kind of superman Hajime was o.0

    LOL I feel like spamming your blog with these long comments :p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. based on the final raring of all the doramas this winter with the 10pm time slot 9.5% is not not disappointing at all, Damekoi ranked 3rd. Well I'm just hoping for an SP even though it was very rare for Kyoko-chan to have SPs on her doramas. :)

      Delete