New Videos!

(火)10 『ダメな私に恋してください』 【TBS】
Follow me on Instagram!! Instagram

2015/04/21

[2015 Memorial] Tanaka Yoshiko - Mother Actress

田中好子 Tanaka Yoshiko




Tanaka Yoshiko san, a brilliant actress who started off as an idol in a group called "Candies". After the group disbanded, she went into hiatus then came back as an actress. She has been awarded with the Blue Ribbon Award (a very prestigious award for actors/actresses) and Japan Oscar. Later on, after 90's she acted as the mother figure of main actors/ actresses in many dramas - including Fukakyon. She passed away on 2011/04/21 after her long battle with breast cancer...

As you see in the above pictures, she aged very, very well... you could see she hasn't changed all that much in like 3,40 years time! She hid her disease (cancer) from everyone except for her family and close friends. People working on dramas with her didn't know she was sick until she was very ill... I mean - wow. She didn't want everyone to worry about her, but that's just heart breaking... She looked so healthy all the time on screen :(

I really want to write about this actress, because she has a special place in my heart as a mother actress, and I believe she has a special place in Fukakyon's heart- as the mother figure she had for the first time in the entertainment world. She helped Fukakyon pull through the crazy shot-to-fame period in 1998.
 「いつも撮影現場で私の手をギュッと握ってくださいました。何度も何度も励ましていただいた田中さんの、あの手の温かみをいまだに忘れることができません。もうお会いできないなんて、もうお母さんをしてもらえないなんて、とても悲しいです。心よりご冥福をお祈り申し上げます」 
Fukada: "She always held my hand tightly on set. Time after time, Tanaka san encouraged me. Even now, I still cannot and would not forget the warmth of her hand. The thought of how I can't see her again, I can't get her to be my mother again saddens me. From my heart, I wish her well/blessings in the other world." ( the last sentence was a bit hard to translate...)  Source (2011/04/22)
Tanaka Yoshiko and Fukada Kyoko in drama, God, Please Give Me More Time (1998)

In Kami sama Mou Sugoshi Dake (God, Please Give Me More Time), Fukakyon was very scared and stressed as it was her first time being the heroin for a major drama. Tanaka San held her hand and encouraged her - Fukakyon cried in an interview when remembering her kindness.
Tanaka Yoshiko and Fukada Kyoko offscreen on the set of God, Please Give Me More Time (1998)

In this interview (within a special TV program aired on 2012/04/20 to remember  Tanaka San's last days), Kyoko chan talked about her memories with Tanaka San. Kyoko chan is one of her 47 on-screen children - and the only one who's been her child TWICE. (once in 1998's God, Please Give Me More Time & once in 2007's The Eraser in My Head). The video is from Youku... if it doesn't show up, please click on the interview link, I will fix the video player later.


Translation - Starting from 102:28-
Fukada Kyoko: "Her being by my side at the set, supporting my heart like my mother. That image is strong. She was always bright/cheerful/positive. She always held my hand... I was hoping that I could act as a more obedient, good daughter to her"





OMG... my heart breaks for these two T_T... everytime they are in a drama together... like I mentioned in another post, Fukakyon's ALWAYS sick ...Like what she said in the interview, I also wished she had acted as a good, healthy daughter to her. I believe Fukakyon would have made it happen if she had knew about this. ..

In her last words, she said she wanted to keep on acting and be an actress for longer ... :(
If there is another life, I hope that she can come back being an actress again, maybe start even younger than she did.
I wish her all the best and believe she is looking after all her "children" from heaven.

2015/4/21 will be the 4th year from the day she passed away. I believe her beautiful smile will stay forever in everyone's heart. Her influence in the people she had worked with as well as in others fighting cancer would continue to change their lives for the better. Here is a fan's blog, still up to date.

I miss her, but I know she is in a place of joy now. May she rest in peace.

I have written this article before the posted date (scheduled) because I want it to be posted specifically on 4/21... I want to stay away from my computer during the time I'm studying for my final exams - I have 3 of them next week... I will check back after the Friday exam, I think.
I will ttyl~

Bye bye~★

No comments:

Post a Comment